Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week ending 12th June - IRRI, Anilao

Fairly continuous rain from Tuesday onwards due to Tropical Depression Dodong passing slowly over the northern Philippines, so little birding this week. On Monday I went diving at Anilao, and had a further 2 Red-necked Phalaropes. All my records of this species have been May/ June/ August, odd for a migrant that travels so far north.

The manky weather has been good for Rallids, and a Plain Bush Hen near the staff compound on Wednesday makes this brilliant endemic almost a garden tick for me (but not quite, another 100m or so...).

I'm flying tonight (Friday 10th) to Europe, spending time in Germany, Ireland and UK over the next 5 weeks, so no Philippine news for a while. I will post pictures of anything I find of interest though...






Tropical Depression "Dodong"

No comments:

Post a Comment